Heck, it’s even more important on those days.
If you think about how you can move more, even in little doses throughout a normal day, it all adds up before you even realize it. Exercise is still important, but don’t overlook simply MOVING your body every day, no matter what.
Here are 10 easy ways to move it (so you don’t lose it).
- Stretch for a few minutes each morning.
- Walk to the mailbox every day.
- Park at the far end of lots so you’ll have to walk farther to the building entrance.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators.
- Invite someone on a walk to catch up, rather than meeting for lunch or coffee.
- Stand up when making phone calls or checking emails.
- Set a timer to get up and move around every 30 minutes.
- Dance during every commercial break when you’re watching TV.
- Wear a fitness tracker and set a goal for steps, calories or minutes spent in motion
- Walk to run errands or shop whenever possible.
What else can you think of?
Incorporate moves like this into your daily lifestyle – plus regular visits to exercise with us – and you’ll be on your way to a fitter, healthier and happier you.
Holly Kouvo is a personal trainer, functional aging specialist, senior fitness specialist, brain health trainer, writer, and speaker.