How many times have you gotten up out of bed with your back feeling sore? The way to help solve that is to strengthen your core.
Most people don’t realize that a way to a healthy back is not just to strengthen the back, but to strengthen the abdominals too.
Here are a few exercises you can do to help strengthen the core of your body:
- Plank Hold – lie face down, lift up on elbows and toes
- Side Planks – lie sideways, lift up on elbow and toes
- Floor Crunches or better yet, crunches on the ball for better support of your back.
- Side Crunches to work your external obliques – lie on back with knees up, roll knees over to one side, hands behind head, lift 2-3 inches
- Land swimming or Supermans on the floor – lie face down, lift your left hand with your right leg, then the opposite. It does take some coordination.
By doing these exercises you will feel stronger and not feel as sore in the mornings when you wake up.
Holly Kouvo is a certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Specialist, speaker and writer who specializes in helping people lose hundreds of pounds. Learn more at www.FittingFitnessIn.com.